Strawberries – it’s rare you find a person who doesn’t like the fruit! This beloved berry is everywhere – in salads, cakes, pies, and everything in-between. One of the best ways to use strawberries, though? Jam! Plus, jam ranks high on our list of favorite “from-scratch” foods – it’s fresh, delicious, and goes well on anything.
Still bold and wonderful in flavor, this Instant Pot version of Strawberry Jam is easier to make, requires less sugar, and eliminates the hassle of adding pectin. Once it’s ready, enjoy it on toast, over cottage cheese, or just by itself!
• 2 pounds fresh strawberries
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 3 tablespoons water
1. Add strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice to Instant Pot. Let sit for 10 minutes, as the sugar helps to draw juice from the strawberries.
2. Close the lid and secure the pressure release valve. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Allow to natural release for 15 minutes, then do a controlled quick release. When releasing the remaining pressure, make sure the steam comes from the vent.
3. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. If it is too thick, you can add a little more water until the liquid is completely smooth.
4. Remove the IP lid. Note that it will look like soup inside, but don’t be alarmed! Stir in the cornstarch slurry.
5. Select the “sauté” function and bring the mixture to a full boil. Continue to stir the mixture frequently as it boils until the mixture has thickened. Turn off the Instant Pot.
6. Pour jam into a container and safely store it in your refrigerator.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at The View at Woodstock Apartments in Woodstock, Georgia encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.