Sweet potatoes are always a great option to pair with your protein for lunch or dinner. Not only will this root vegetable help you feel full for a longer period of time, but they also are full of essential nutrients, promote gut health, and enhance vision. High in fiber and antioxidants, these starchy spuds will never steer you wrong.
The only problem will sweet potatoes, or any type of potato is the duration of time they can take to prepare in the oven. If you’re looking for a more efficient method for your weekday meal planning or mid-week dinner, turn to this blog, which will teach you how to microwave your sweet potato – or potatoes – in the microwave, instead.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Sweet potato(es)
• Microwave-safe plate
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Start by washing your potato, as you normally would. Don’t be afraid to really scrub, as you need to get the dirt completely off. Then, pat it dry.
2. If you plan to serve the potatoes whole, rub the skin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pierce the potato three or four times with a fork. Place the potato on a microwave-safe plate.
4. For one sweet potato, microwave on 100 percent power for five-minutes, rotating halfway through. Add two minutes for each additional potato that you put into the microwave.
5. If it isn’t fork-tender after five minutes, continue to microwave in one-minute increments until it’s finished.
6. Slice the potato lengthwise and serve with butter, salt, and pepper.
Making our residents’ lives easier and more enjoyable is a primary goal of ours at The View at Woodstock Apartments in Woodstock, Georgia. We hope that these new ideas add convenience to your day-to-day routine!